Appointments can be face-to-face in the practice, over the telephone or online, to help you find an option that suits you.
Booking an Appointment
You can book an appointment over the phone, online or in person at your registered practice location. If an appointment is not available at your registered practice an appointment can be found at one of our alternative City Health Practice locations.
- You may be asked what your appointment is about to make sure you see the best health professional for your needs. If you don’t wish to tell us, please advise staff that it is personal.
- You have the right to request an appointment with a preferred health care professional although it may take longer to get an appointment.
- If you have more than one issue to discuss please let us know at the time of booking as you may need additional time.
- Please make sure that you arrive on time for your appointment. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment, you may be asked to re-book.
- You are welcome to bring someone with you to your appointment.
To book an appointment
- If you have registered for online services, you can book an appointment online using one of the methods here
- Call Bransholme practice on 01482 336100
- Call Southcoates or Marfleet practice on 01482 335560 / 01482 781032
- Call Field View surgery on 01482 853270
- Drop in to your practice
Cancelling an appointment
It is important that you let us know if you cannot attend an appointment so we can make it available to another patient who may need it. Appointments are in high demand and missed appointments increase waiting time and delay other patients getting appointments.
Due to COVID restrictions, patients will usually have a telephone appointment first, unless otherwise agreed.
If you do have a face-to-face appointment, please arrive in good time for your appointment and wear a face-covering. During your appointment, you are welcome to ask for a chaperone. This will usually be one of the nursing team, however, if a nurse is unavailable another staff member can chaperone with your agreement.
You can book a telephone consultation with the doctor or nurse. Telephone appointments are for any patient wishing to consult on a condition which does not need an examination, for example, to discuss test results, medication changes or give general advice. These appointments can be accessed by any one of the booking options.
Home visits are only for patients who are housebound and too ill to come to the surgery. To request a home visit please call giving the reception team your details, some description of the problem and a phone number. To help the doctors make best use of their time they will call you back before any visit.
If you require a home visit, please telephone the surgery before 10:30am so that the doctor can plan his rounds for the day.
Patients with urgent problems can be seen the same day. If you need to request a same-day appointment, you will need to give details of the problem to the receptionist. This is so the doctor or nurse can assess how urgent the issue is. We appreciate your co-operation with this and remember, our reception and administration staff follow the same rules of confidentiality as our medical staff.
If you have a positive pregnancy test result, you should call the midwifery team direct on 01482 605304.
Specialist and Hospital Care
If a doctor, nurse or another member of our health care team believes you need hospital treatment or specialist care elsewhere, they will ask you where and when you would like to go. They can then book your appointment electronically while you wait.
If you would prefer to have some time to think before deciding where and when to have treatment, you will be offered the option of arranging the appointment yourself at a later time or date.